- RSS Channel Showcase 4100217
- RSS Channel Showcase 2756183
- RSS Channel Showcase 6922254
- RSS Channel Showcase 5985259
Articles on this Page
- 07/07/16--08:16: _Rummage sale
- 07/07/16--08:25: _Local Fourth of Jul...
- 08/18/16--10:30: _Bringing history to...
- 09/15/16--05:52: _The Lone Ranger rod...
- 10/27/16--05:12: _Prioritizing conser...
- 11/03/16--04:36: _Inlet Halloween Par...
- 11/10/16--05:28: _Feeding the electorate
- 11/10/16--05:36: _Hungry, Hungry voters
- 11/17/16--05:15: _Admiring art
- 12/15/16--04:55: _Snodeo opens winter...
- 02/02/17--05:23: _The 17th annual Mik...
- 02/09/17--05:26: _Raquette Lake conti...
- 02/16/17--04:58: _Winter Carnival 201...
- 02/23/17--05:14: _Raquette Lake Wint...
- 03/02/17--05:24: _Nothing can dampen ...
- 12/21/17--05:38: _Shootout rumbles at...
- 12/21/17--05:47: _Inlet sparkles duri...
- 02/22/18--05:32: _How fast can you go?
- 03/01/18--05:39: _Frozen Fire and Lig...
- 03/22/18--05:00: _Yeti on the loose
- 07/07/16--08:16: Rummage sale
- 07/07/16--08:25: Local Fourth of July Celebrations
- 08/18/16--10:30: Bringing history to life
- 09/15/16--05:52: The Lone Ranger rode into Indian Lake last Sunday
- 10/27/16--05:12: Prioritizing conservation
- 11/03/16--04:36: Inlet Halloween Parade is successfully spooky
- 11/10/16--05:28: Feeding the electorate
- 11/10/16--05:36: Hungry, Hungry voters
- 11/17/16--05:15: Admiring art
- 12/15/16--04:55: Snodeo opens winter season
- 02/02/17--05:23: The 17th annual Mike Norris fishing tournament reels them in
- 02/09/17--05:26: Raquette Lake continues the long tradition of ice harvesting
- 02/16/17--04:58: Winter Carnival 2017 done and dusted
- 02/23/17--05:14: Raquette Lake Winter Carnival tosses up family fun
- 03/02/17--05:24: Nothing can dampen the spirit of Frozen Fire and Lights
- 12/21/17--05:38: Shootout rumbles at the Ole Barn
- 12/21/17--05:47: Inlet sparkles during Adirondack Christmas on Main Street
- 02/22/18--05:32: How fast can you go?
- 03/01/18--05:39: Frozen Fire and Lights a little less frozen
- 03/22/18--05:00: Yeti on the loose
[ccfic caption-text] The Piseco Volunteer Fire Department Auxiliary held its fourth annual rummage sale on Saturday, July 3, at the Piseco Community Hall. The auxiliary’s Penny Auction will be held on Aug. 6. Photos by Alex Cooper/For The Express
[ccfic caption-text] Independence Day Parade Speculator and the Town of Lake Pleasant held their Independence Day Parade down Rt. 30 to the park on Saturday, July 7, at 7 p.m. Floats, marchers, fire trucks, ambulances and more received applause from the crowds along the route. At 9:30 p.m. there was a fireworks display. Photos of […]
The Hamilton County History Fair and War of 1812 re-enactor demonstrations were to start at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, in Speculator. At about 9:58, the heavens opened and a deluge descended. But the rain relented, though the air was very warm and as humid as in any rain forest, and the festivities proceeded Aug. […]
[ccfic caption-text] Story & Photos by Dave Warner The Gem*Radio production of The Lone Ranger radio drama took to the stage at the Indian Lake Theater last Sunday. Actors stepped up to the microphone and then whirled around to change clothes and character. Foley artists made sounds to go along with the script – from […]
Photos submitted Sixty-seven students clued in to conservation at the Hamilton County Soil and Water Conservation District’s 37th annual Lynn Galusha Memorial Conservation Field Day. Fifth- and sixth-graders from Inlet, Lake Pleasant, Wells, and Wheelerville hiked the District’s Adirondack Ecotrail Sept. 22 to learn about natural resource conservation from the experts.
The Inlet Halloween Parade was fast and fun, children and their families gathered at the Inlet Community Church parking lot for the parade and walked the streets with laughter. The Inlet Fire Hall was splendid spooky scene as the Halloween costume contest began. Decorations of ghosts and carved pumpkins along with, pizza, cookies, and apple […]
Photos by Morgan Frisch/Express staff
An Election Day dinner was held at The Inn at Speculator. Donations went to support the Grace United Methodist Women’s community and mission projects. Photos by Morgan Frisch/Express staff
The Micropolis Cooperative Art Gallery located in the Mohawk Harvest Cooperative Market in Gloversville held an art show on Nov. 4.
Photos by Cathy Bowsher The 40th annual Snodeo in Old Forge was a blast of winter fun. Snow covered the ground while more continued to fall, a good sign for the opening of the winter season. The pavilion was full of vendors with snowmobile gear, food, and plenty of opportunities for visitors to Christmas shop. […]
BY AMANDA DESHAW For The Express RAQUETTE LAKE — The 17th annual Mike Norris fishing tournament was held in Raquette Lake on Saturday, Jan. 28. Though it was a blustery snowy day, the tournament still had an excellent turn out with 112 adult participants and 18 junior participants. Winners were given the chance to be […]
Photo by Amanda DeShaw Mindy Hoegerl, takes on the task of getting the ice into the beginning of the channel where it will makes its way up a conveyer. There are more pics of this interesting tradition inside. By AMANDA DESHAW For the Express RAQUETTE LAKE — Raquette Lake held its annual ice harvest Jan. 28, a […]
OLD FORGE — The 2017 Winter Carnival had perfect snowy weather and crowds of people who enjoyed one of the Central Adirondack Association’s premiere events. There was a parade on Friday, Feb. 10, followed by night skating, the Snowflake Derby, a coronation, and spectacular fireworks followed by night skiing with daredevil skiers and a party […]
Raquette Lake held its winter carnival from Feb. 17 through Feb. 19 and carried on the tradition of the women’s frying pan contest as well as the cross cut contest. Many activities included kids with a sack race and tug of war, followed by a great fire works show on Feb. 18. It is an […]
Inlet held its annual Frozen Fire and Lights Festival this past Saturday. The weather throughout the day was something you probably wouldn’t find in a story book but many people still came out to partake in the activities that the festival had to offer. Events included Noah’s Ark build your own animal, face painting, a […]
There was enough snow on the ground this year that the sleds didn’t have to race on the grass. The unmodified 2018 models zoomed down the 1,000 foot track to the enjoyment of all of the spectators. This year’s New York Shootout took place on Dec. 9 in Inlet. Photos by Laura Rubyor
Inlet was full of fun and holiday cheer during Adirondack Christmas on Main Street, which ran from Nov. 24 through 26. There were children making stuffed animals at the Noah’s Ark Workshop, and bakers brought out their best for the Inlet’s Best Holiday Pie contest. Ugly sweaters were worn and the big Christmas tree was […]
Snowmobile time trials were held Saturday, Feb. 17, on Adirondack Lake as part of the weeklong Snocade in Indian Lake. The time trials were sponsored by the Indian Lake Snowarriors Snowmobile Club. Top speeds on the ¼ mile track exceeded 80 mph, with some nearing the 100 mph mark. Photos by Pete Klein
This year’s Frozen Fire and Lights was a little different with the unusual warm February weather. Great events took place all day from sunrise to sundown. There was a royal coronation, Noah’s Ark animal stuffing at Town Hall and a snowshoe demonstration and cardboard sled race at Fern Park. Things may not have been totally […]
Photo courtesy of Ezra Slabaugh This year has been another long winter and as such, an abominable snowman has moved into the Village of Speculator and the Town of Lake Pleasant. There have been many sightings such as at the Lake Pleasant’s Transfer Station, Charlie Johns Store, Speculator Department Store, Oak Mountain, during the Maple Fest […]